Changing the Name of the Czech Company
An entrepreneur may change the name of his company at any time if he considers it appropriate or necessary for his business. The necessary condition for the change of the name of the company is the change of the charter of the company. Only the General Meeting of the Company may decide to change the Company Charter. The decision of the General Meeting of the Economic Company on the amendment of the Charter, which has entered into legal force, is the basis for the proposal to register the change of the economic company in the Commercial Register in the relevant court. The change of a company’s name becomes legally significant from the moment of its entry into the trade register.
Until a new commercial company is registered in the Commercial Register, the Company shall operate under its previous brand name. The relevant registration court shall take action leading to the decision of the case within 15 days from the submission of the proposal. A distinction should be made between a court decision authorizing registration and the actual exercise of registration. The actual registration will be made by the competent court after the entry into force of the decision authorizing registration, namely within 10 days thereafter.
When changing the name of the Czech company, it is important to remember that the name of the company should not be identical or interchangeable with the name of another entrepreneur and should not be misleading.
Procedure for changing the name of a Czech company
- detailed search of existing business firms in the business register
- changing the charter of a trading company
- decision of the General Meeting on amending the Charter
- submission of a proposal to register a change of business company in the Business Register
- notification of change of business to the appropriate Trade Office and Financial Office
- notification of changes to the relevant social security administration and health insurance providers
- notification to the relevant cadastral authority and the Industrial Property Office
- notification of banks, service providers, business partners and, at the discretion of, also other competent authorities (e.g. the Office for Personal Data Protection, etc.).
A notarial confirmation is always required to change the name of the Czech company.
Documents required to change the name of the Czech company
- if the charter of the company does not change, as a rule, sufficient power of attorney from the director to submit, receive and draw up a request to the Czech Trade Register.
- if the charter of the company is changed, it will be necessary to provide a power of attorney from all founders and one director for holding a meeting of founders and adoption of changes.
|Assistance in changing the name of the Czech company||1,500 EUR|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is it possible to make any changes to the Czech company remotely, without the personal arrival of the founders and directors?
Yes, it is possible. This legal procedure can be carried out by proxy, without the personal visit of the director and founder to the Czech Republic. Power of attorney to change the name of the Czech company can be assured at the Czech Embassy or Consulate. The text of the power of attorney is made by the lawyer of our company, in accordance with each specific change.
Which Czech company data can be changed?
In a Czech company, you can change any data except its registration number and date of registration. You can change the data of the legal entity (name, legal address, types of activities, authorized capital, etc.), as well as change the owners and directors of the company.
At the moment, the main services of our company are legal and compliance solutions for FinTech projects. Our offices are located in Tallinn, Vilnius, Prague, and Warsaw. The legal team can assist with legal analysis, project structuring, and legal regulation.