According to the Business Research Company, the global gambling market grew from 449,04 bill. USD (approx. 410 bill. EUR) in 2022 to a whopping 702,45 bill. USD (approx. 641 bill. EUR). The gambling market, especially online gaming, is expected to continue to grow over the years which suggests that there are plenty of opportunities to realize gambling business ideas.
Our team of experienced lawyers here at Regulated United Europe specializes in obtaining gambling licenses in the most favourable jurisdictions across the world and will be pleased to guide you through the process of opening a company and applying for a license in any country of your choice. If you haven’t decided on the most suitable jurisdiction for your gambling business, keep on reading as we share 4 countries that are the most favourable for obtaining a gambling license in 2023.
Ready-made companies with Gambling license for sale
Our team here at Regulated United Europe will be delighted to support you in incorporating a company and obtaining a company with a gambling license in one of these favourable jurisdictions. With dedicated legal advisors, tax experts, and financial accountants at your side, you will find the incorporation and application processes easy, frictionless, and transparent. In addition, based on our experience in the gambling sector, we can offer the sale of ready-made solutions – ready-made companies that have a gambling license and can start providing gambling services on your behalf. Contact us now to schedule a personalized consultation and set the stage for long-lasting success.
Gambling license for sale
Regulated United Europe lawyers provide assistance in obtaining and renegotiating licenses for gambling and bookmaking for new owners. Our gambling experts have extensive contacts in the gambling industry and take part in leading gambling conferences such as SIGMA and SBC.
The procedure for re-issuing the gaming license to new owners is as follows:
- Initial consultation of the client on the purchase of a gaming license (requirements to the licensee and the necessary documents, the procedure of re-registration of the license on the new owner);
- Analysis of available documents of the client for re-registration of gambling license;
- Assistance in completing the package of documents for re-signing gambling license;
- Submission of the package of documents for the license to the regulator;
- Representation of the client’s interests in the licensing and other state bodies;
- Renegotiation of the license to the client name.
Using our expert assessment of the ready-made gambling license company for sale, the procedure for acquiring a gaming license is fairly fast and can be completed in less than 2 weeks.
Why you need a gaming license
The gaming license allows you to provide legal online casino services and sports betting to customers from countries where this is not contrary to existing legislation. In addition, licensed companies gain better reputation and trust from customers and payment institutions, which open an account to accept payment. Any gambling establishment must have supporting corporate documents in order to properly pay taxes, pass all checks by local authorities and conduct its activities transparently, in order to avoid fines and legal proceedings.
Why to buy a company with a ready-made gambling license
If you are currently launching an ambitious and promising gaming project that requires almost immediate launch, the last thing you need is to go through the laborious process of creating and licensing a company that often takes months and even years. Instead of postponing plans to implement your online betting company or online casino, lawyers from Regulated United Europe offer to consider a faster alternative that will allow you to launch the game project in the shortest possible time. Our experienced team of gambling lawyers here developed a smooth process of buying a ready-made gambling license company in various jurisdictions, allowing interested entrepreneurs to start a new project in a matter of days.
Before you go into detail, it is necessary to understand that a ready-made gaming company is an already established, fully registered and licensed company without a history that can be purchased within a short period of time. Occasionally there is also the opportunity to buy a functioning gambling business and a working site, connected payment methods and player base. This means that by buying a fully licensed cryptocurrency company, you also purchase the appropriate gaming license and can launch your project in the least possible time.
SBC Summit Barcelona 2023 (day 1)
What you need to consider when buying a ready-made gambling license company
Classifications and types of gaming licenses vary, and at the stage of selecting a company with a ready-made gambling license, you should make sure that the existing license corresponds to the details of your project.
In order to operate a casino, the owner of the company must have one or more licenses. This depends on the nature of the services provided. It is possible to obtain permits for playing activities, which are classified on the following grounds:
- If it is about organizing a lottery, installing slot machines or online casinos, you will need a Class 1 license.
- Establishment of pools and online betting requires a 2nd class license.
- The ability to play bingo, poker or popular gaming portals obliges the owner of the gambling business to have a 3rd class license.
- If a company is established for the purpose of further sales of software required for the organization of online casinos, then a Class 4 license is required
WHITE LABEL GAMBLING PLATFORM
Although our legal company Regulated United Europe does not offer the solution «white label», it is proud to cooperate with the leading developers of solutions for online casino «white label», which offer the best prices and the shortest time to launch an online casino or betting office. Our experienced legal consultants will be happy to assist you in the process of selecting the most suitable supplier and ensure compliance with all legal requirements and rules, and you will be able to quickly launch your own online casino.
In high-risk industries such as gambling, quality legal support is particularly important. Regulated United Europe has earned the trust of its customers due to its experience in the online gambling industry and its willingness to meet with its customers when implementing their ambitious projects and bold business ideas. Our team provides comprehensive legal support for obtaining international licenses in all areas of gambling, because your gambling projects can be implemented and achieve success only with the close cooperation of an experienced team of lawyers.
SBC Summit Barcelona 2023 (day 2)
How much does a ready-made online casino license cost
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as in an industry as dynamic as online gambling, the situation may change every day. Each country where the online casino license is sold has its own fees and requirements to the structure of the company and the authorized capital. The cost of ready-made solutions in the gambling industry can vary from 50,000 euros in the case of the purchase of a ready-made solution in CostaRiquet and up to more than a million euros when buying a licensed company in Malta or buying an active gambling business with a working website and customer base.
Most popular countries for opening online gambling business:
Gambling Regulation Overview
To make it easier for our clients, our company has prepared an overview table with the information regarding the fees for the gambling licence acquisition in different jurisdictions across the world. This table helps our clients to calculate the exact time and expenses for the company incorporation and licence application. Please get in touch with our company and our specialist will be able to consult you on the regulations of a chosen jurisdiction.
|Isle of Man
|Period for consideration
|State fee for application
|from 30,000 €
|Required share capital
|from 40,000 €
|Corporate income tax
|Annual fee for supervision
|from 10,000 €
|from 2,000 €
|Local staff member
Curaçao is a constituent island country in the Kingdom of the Netherlands, lying just north of the Venezuelan coast. It has its own civil law system within which gambling licensees are regulated. Due to the relatively low regulatory entry barrier, flexible regulatory environment, and cost-effective solutions, the Curaçao gambling license has been the most popular license in 2023 in the entire world among gambling startups.
Curaçao offers 2 types of gambling licenses – the Master License and the Sub-License. However, only the Sub-License is available to new applicants. It permits holders to offer all types of gambling activities in more than 120 countries. The activities include land-based casinos, online gambling, sports betting, and such games as poker, blackjack, and bingo. The license is granted by one of the few Master License holders and is valid as long as the Master License is. Curaçao gambling licensees can’t carry out transactions with the United States, the Netherlands, France, and Australia.
You can apply for a Sub-License from one of these Master License holders:
- Antillephone N.V. #8048/JAZ
- Curacao Interactive Licensing N.V. (CIL) #5536/JAZ
- Cyberluck Curacao N.V. (Curacao-eGaming) #1668/JAZ
- Gaming Curacao #365/JAZ
It’s important to note that these Master License holders may have differing application requirements, as well as requirements for the operational processes and internal policies of the licensees. Therefore, you should carefully examine the conditions of and testimonials about each Master License holder before starting to work on an application. Bear in mind that our team of experienced lawyers can help you delve into it.
Why You Should Get a Curaçao Gambling License
There are several reasons why holding a Curaçao Gambling License is advantageous. Firstly, the application process is straightforward and the license can be obtained very quickly. It can usually be issued within about 2-6 weeks, provided that all the required documents are duly submitted. Compared to other jurisdictions, this is exclusively efficient and allows gambling entrepreneurs to start creating a profitable business in no time.
Moreover, while license application and maintenance fees vary depending on the Master License holder, generally, applying for and maintaining a Curaçao Gambling Sub-License doesn’t require a lot of funds and it’s probably the cheapest you can get. This approach lowers the entry barrier and creates opportunities for gambling startups with limited budgets. As a Curaçao licensee, you can allocate more funds to the business development, including the acquisitions of quality gaming software and hardware which will prepare you for more lucrative markets.
You also might be delighted to learn that a Curaçao Gambling Sub-License can be obtained entirely remotely. This includes opening a company in Curaçao, finding a Master License holder, preparing all the required documents for the application, as well as submitting the application. Such an approach allows you to save time and money while concentrating on the daily needs of your business.
Last but not least, the Curaçao jurisdiction has a very competitive taxation system that complies with international regulations. Gambling companies registered in the e-zones aren’t subject to paying taxes on gross gaming revenue. Also, there’s no VAT. Only a 2% rate applies to net profits.
How to Get a Curaçao Gambling License
To obtain a gambling license in Curaçao, you should first establish a local company. Private Limited Liability Company (B.V.) is among the most common legal business types and it requires at least one shareholder residing anywhere in the world, one director who’s a Curaçao resident, and a local point of contact responsible for receiving business correspondence. The incorporation process is very efficient and can take only one day.
Then, to apply for a Curaçao Gambling Sub-License, you should meet the following legal requirements:
- All involved persons must be at least 18 years of age
- Company directors and shareholders must take a Fit and Proper Test
- The gaming software to be used must be audited and certified
- At least one physical server of the company must be located in Curaçao
- The company must design and implement responsible gaming policies and procedures pursuant to national legislation
- The company must design and implement internal AML/CFT processes and procedures pursuant to applicable national legislation
- The company must appoint an internal compliance officer, whose role is to ensure compliance with AML/CFT regulations
The main steps of applying for a Curaçao Gambling Sub-License:
- The applicant prepares all the required documents, including identification documents of involved persons, a Memorandum of Association, a detailed business plan, and copies of software agreements
- Shareholders and directors complete Fit and Proper Tests and undergo applicable background checks
- An authorized person submits an application along with the documents to the Curaçao Gaming Control Board (GCB)
- The applicant transfers the applicable application fee
- If the applicant intends to run an online gambling business, the domain name, server, and gambling platform are finalized
- The Master Licensee’s technical compliance team reviews the applicant’s gambling software and hardware
- If the information submitted by the applicant is successfully verified and satisfies all the requirements, a Sub-License is granted
Malta provides a robust regulatory framework with a quite high barrier to entry and is trusted by mature gambling companies who look for opportunities to attract experienced and large players as this customer segment knows that the Maltese gambling regulatory framework protects their interests. Having a Maltese gambling license is regarded as the best way to access the entire European market since it authorizes its holders to offer their activities across the EU. Considering that the requirements for obtaining a gambling license in Malta are very high, this jurisdiction isn’t suitable for startups with limited resources.
Since Malta was the first EU country to legalize gambling, the country’s gambling infrastructure is mature and of the highest standard. Moreover, the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) builds on the existing experience by swiftly responding to the changing needs of the industry which encourages further growth. The authority supervises Maltese gambling businesses pursuant to the Malta Gaming Act of 2018.
Malta grants the following types of gambling licenses:
- The Gaming Service License which is a business-to-consumer (B2C) license to offer or carry out a gaming service
- The Critical Gaming Supply License which is a business-to-business (B2B) license to either supply and manage the material elements of a game or supply and manage the software, whether as a standalone or as part of a system, to generate, capture, control, or otherwise process any essential regulatory record and/or the supply and management of the control system itself on which such software resides
B2C and B2B gambling licenses are divided into the following types:
- Type 1 – games of chance played against the house with the outcome determined by an RNG (includes casinos, slots, scratch cards, lotteries, secondary lotteries, and virtual games)
- Type 2 – games of chance played against the house through a Matchbook (includes fixed-odds betting)
- Type 3 – games played in a peer-to-peer manner (includes poker, betting exchanges, and bingo)
- Type 4 – controlled skill games (includes fantasy sports betting)
Why You Should Get a Malta Gambling License
Malta is a member of the EU and Maltese gambling license holders have access to the European market which continues to prove its lucrativeness as in 2022 gambling businesses in Europe generated 108,5 bill. EUR in gross gaming revenue. This means that having a Maltese license can open up opportunities to maximize profits and growth.
If you have a mature gambling business and are looking to further develop it within the EU, getting a Maltese gambling license is the right step to take as Malta is a very reputable jurisdiction associated with legitimacy and trust. It signifies that the gambling operator has met stringent regulatory requirements and adheres to high standards of player protection and fairness which consequently attracts better business partners and players with larger funds.
Malta has a well-developed technical infrastructure that supports online gambling operations, ensuring reliable and secure services for players. Moreover, you’ll be assured that all regulatory matters are looked into and resolved efficiently as the MGA provides regulatory support and guidance to license holders, helping them to understand and comply with the applicable laws and regulations.
The Maltese taxation system is quite favorable for gambling licensees. Maltese gambling companies are generally subject to a 5% Gaming Tax applied to gross gaming revenue (GGR) generated from gambling activities by Malta-based players. Generally, companies are also subject to a 35% Corporate Income Tax, but international trading companies and international holding companies can ultimately reduce it to 5% which is one of the major advantages of holding a Maltese gambling license.
Also, you’ll be pleased to know that in Malta you’re allowed to obtain an unlimited number of domains at no extra fees. Operating multiple gambling domains allows businesses to diversify their offerings. This means that you’ll be able to target different markets, cater to various player preferences, and provide a more comprehensive range of gambling products and services without having to allocate more money to the authority.
How to Get a Maltese Gambling License
To apply for a Maltese license, you first have to open a Maltese company. For larger businesses, one of the most common legal business structures in Malta is a Public Limited Company (PLC) which can be registered within 2 weeks, provided that all the required documents are duly prepared in advance. This type of company can raise capital by issuing shares to the public through an Initial Public Offering (IPO).
Minimum share capital requirements differ depending on the type of license:
- Gaming Service License
- Type 1 and Type 2 – 100,000 EUR
- Type 3 and Type 4 – 40,000 EUR
- Critical Gaming Supply License – 40,000 EUR
If you’re applying for multiple types of licenses, you’ll be required to meet the above share capital requirements cumulatively. However, the required amount is capped at 240,000 EUR.
To be eligible for a Maltese license, a gambling company must have all the required key roles taken up by experienced, competent, and honest persons. The MGA imposes exceptionally stringent rules on the applicants in order to ensure that only companies with impeccable reputations, compliant operations, and excellent standing are licensed. The application assessment process takes 7-12 months, during which every aspect of the application is thoroughly checked and verified. It includes holding a systems audit, reviewing original bank references, and carefully examining third-party agreements.
The key steps of the gambling license application process in Malta:
- For company shareholders and directors, the completion of the Fit and Proper Test and AML due-diligence procedures
- The transfer of the license application fee (5,000 EUR)
- The submission of the required documents to the MGA
- The conduct of a systems audit by an independent auditor
- A license is issued once a positive audit report is submitted to the MGA
Successful applicants are issued a Maltese license which comes with the following annual fees:
- Gaming Service License – 10,000-25,000 EUR
- Critical Gaming Supply License – 3,000-35,000 EUR
Kahnawake is an autonomous First Nations reserve located in Canada, opposite Montreal. The first gambling regulations in Kahnawake were enacted in 1996 which is when the Kahnawake Gaming Commission (KGC) was also established as a regulatory body to oversee and license gambling operations based within Kahnawake. Over the decades, the authority has accumulated a lot of expertise and earned a good reputation.
Kahnawake has become a popular destination for gambling startups for its streamlined and relatively inexpensive licensing process. The licensing process in Kahnawake is generally considered to be more straightforward and less burdensome than in some other jurisdictions. This can save time and resources for startups trying to enter the market quickly. It’s important to note that the Kahnawake gambling license doesn’t allow its holders to offer their services in the USA.
In Kahnawake, there are the following types of gambling licenses:
- The Interactive Gaming License permits holders to provide internet services to Authorized Client Providers (since 1999, only one license has been granted)
- The Client Provider Authorization which authorizes holders, known as Authorized Client Providers, to conduct interactive gaming from the co-location facility and other premises in Kahnawake (the most common gambling license)
- The Casino Software Provider Authorization permits holders to locate and operate interactive gaming equipment at the co-location facility owned and operated by the Interactive Gaming Licence holder and provide casino software to third-party operators
- The Live Dealer Studio Authorization allows holders to operate a live dealer studio, manage live dealer games, and conduct interactive gaming-related activities from premises in Kahnawake
- The Inter-Jurisdictional Authorization permits holders with a foreign gaming license to move some or all of their equipment and/or staff to Kahnawake
- The Key Person Permit authorizes holders to be employed by either the Interactive Gaming License or the Client Provider Authorization holder
Why You Should Get a Kahnawake Gambling License
Although Kahnawake is located in Canada, it has the authority to regulate its own gambling activities independently. This autonomy allows the KGC to set its own regulations, which can be more flexible and tailored to the specific needs of the online gambling industry. While you can enjoy the regulatory flexibility and relatively lower barrier to entry, you should also note that the KGC is a well-established and reputable licensing authority in the gambling industry.
Holding a license from the KGC enhances the credibility and trustworthiness of the operator, providing assurance to players that the platform operates with integrity and fairness. Those players can come from any markets where gambling is legal as the KGC license allows operators to access international markets. The license’s reputation extends beyond Canadian borders, attracting players from around the world who recognize the KGC’s standards and oversight.
In Kahnawake, you can obtain an unlimited number of domains without a supplementary charge. With multiple domains, a gambling company can create distinct brands for each domain, targeting different customer segments. This can help strengthen your company’s brand identity and increase brand loyalty among various groups of players which eventually positively affects the bottom line of your company.
Kahnawake offers competitive tax rates for licensed operators. Gambling licensees are subject to a 0% Corporate Tax on all gross gaming revenues and there aren’t additional gaming taxes. The lower tax burden can lead to higher revenue for operators, making Kahnawake an attractive destination for startups and established companies alike.
How to Get a Kahnawake Gambling License
To obtain a gambling license in Kahnawake you don’t need to open a local company as already existing foreign companies can also be eligible applicants. The licensing process typically involves several stages and requires the applicant to meet various regulatory requirements. The application process consists of 3 phases – the application phase, a preliminary 12-month permit, and ongoing monitoring of the license. If all the documents are duly prepared in advance, the first phase can take 2-3 months after which successful applicants are granted a license for an initial 6 months. Overall, the Client Provider Authorization is valid for 5 years.
The main steps of the first phase are the following:
- Application preparation with which our team of experienced gambling license consultants can help you; the length of the preparation period depends on the complexity of the business model
- Payment of the application fees to the KGC
- Application submission to the KGC
- The conduct of thorough due diligence and background checks by the KGC (the process can take at least several weeks depending on the complexity of the ownership structure and the backgrounds of the individuals involved)
- A financial review to verify the financial stability and soundness of the applicant with the aim to ensure they have the necessary funds to operate a gambling business successfully
- A technical review to assess the technical aspects of the gambling platform in order to ensure it meets industry standards for security, fairness, and player protection
- Compliance review to ensure the applicant’s compliance policies and procedures are in line with regulatory requirements, including responsible gambling measures
The Isle of Man is a self-governing British Crown dependency, located between Great Britain and Ireland. The Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission (GSC) is the regulatory authority responsible for overseeing all gambling activities conducted within the jurisdiction of the Isle of Man. Its responsibilities include the imposition of compliance with the Gambling Act, ensuring the protection of players, and the enforcement of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing regulations.
Gambling license holders from the Isle of Man can operate in various markets worldwide as its regulatory framework is reputable and internationally recognized. For instance, the UK is a significant and lucrative market for online gambling, and Isle of Man licensees can target British players with their services. However, the Isle of Man isn’t a member of the EU, therefore, this license isn’t suitable for entering the EU market.
In the Isle of Man, there are 4 types of gambling licenses:
- The Full License permits license holders to conduct business-to-consumer (B2C) activities and provide white-label solutions to other operators
- The Sub-License is suitable for operators who are only starting out in the gambling industry and intend to conduct B2C activities as these licenses are linked to Full License holders providing software, games, and other facilities or resources
- The Network Services License permits holders to accept customers registered with casinos licensed in other jurisdictions without additional re-registration process
- The B2B Software Supplier License authorizes standard fiat platform providers and blockchain-based software providers to offer software to Isle of Man operators
Why You Should Get an Isle of Man Gambling License
The Isle of Man has a well-established and robust gambling infrastructure that has attracted numerous gambling businesses looking for a favorable jurisdiction. It has invested a lot in high-speed internet connectivity and state-of-the-art IT facilities. Also, the Isle of Man hosts advanced data centers that provide secure and reliable hosting services for online gambling platforms. These data centers help ensure that licensed operators can offer smooth and uninterrupted gaming experiences to players from various countries.
Moreover, the Isle of Man is a reputable offshore financial center with a stable and well-regulated banking sector. It’s home to a range of financial service providers with expertise in the gambling industry who understand the unique financial needs and challenges faced by gambling operators. Isle of Man banks have experience in dealing with gambling-related transactions and can offer tailored solutions to suit the industry’s requirements. Moreover, Isle of Man banks uphold strict confidentiality standards, ensuring the privacy and security of their clients’ financial information.
The Isle of Man’s taxation framework also makes it an attractive jurisdiction for gambling businesses. The tax rates for Isle of Man gambling licensees vary from 0,1% to 1,5% of the gross gaming yield (GGY) which is undoubtedly very advantageous compared to other jurisdictions. The Corporate Tax rate of 0% is applied to most types of income. Distributed dividends, royalties, and interest paid to non-Manx residents are exempt from the Withholding Tax.
How to Get an Isle of Man Gambling License
To apply for a gambling license from the Isle of Man, you first have to incorporate a company limited by shares in the Isle of Man. A Public Limited Company (PLC) is a good option for those who want to raise capital by issuing shares to the public through an Initial Public Offering (IPO). It provides a significant avenue for funding expansion and growth initiatives and can be registered within several days. The main requirements include 2 local directors, a qualified company secretary, and a registered office in the Isle of Man.
Other requirements for gambling license applicants include the following:
- Evidence of financial capabilities to conduct a gambling business
- Evidence of having internal policies and procedures for the risk assessment of and reporting related to money laundering and terrorist financing
- Evidence of internal procedures and policies for responsible gambling
- Game servers must be located on the Isle of Man
- RNGs and gambling systems must be certified by an approved independent software testing house
The application fee is 5,000 GBP (approx. 5,800 EUR). During the application assessment process, the GSC can request to meet with the Designated Official and Operations Manager to discuss the business model and gain a deeper understanding of the key aspects of the proposed business model. Provided that all the required documentation and information necessary for the license application is duly prepared and communicated, a gambling license can be obtained within 3-4 months which is very fast compared to other reputable jurisdictions.
Cheapest online gambling licence
In recent years, interest in online gambling has grown considerably, raising the question of obtaining a licence to conduct this type of business. The main focus of this article is on finding the most cost-effective licensing option. It is important to take into account that the cost of a licence is not the only factor that determines its attractiveness for business.
Firstly, it is worth noting that the conditions for obtaining and the cost of a licence vary considerably from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Some countries, such as Malta, Gibraltar and the UK, offer prestigious licences that give access to a wide market, but their costs and requirements for applicants are significantly higher. While others, like Curaçao or Costa Rica, may offer more affordable options but with fewer guarantees for players and more limited access to markets.
The second important aspect is the additional costs and requirements. Factors such as taxation, the need for a physical office in the country issuing the licence, and periodic fees and reporting must be considered. In addition, some jurisdictions require proof of gaming integrity and regular audits.
It is also important to understand that obtaining a licence is only the first step. To run a successful business, it is necessary to take into account the reputation of the jurisdiction, the availability of quality software, attractive conditions for players and many other factors.
Online gambling licence in Costa Rica
Obtaining an online gambling licence in Costa Rica is becoming an increasingly popular choice among gambling operators. This is due to a number of advantages that this jurisdiction offers. Below is an overview of the key advantages of obtaining a gambling licence in Costa Rica.
- Economic benefit
Costa Rica offers some of the lowest start-up and annual costs to obtain and maintain an online gambling licence. This makes it an attractive option for startups and companies with limited budgets.
- Simplicity of the process
Unlike other jurisdictions, Costa Rica offers a simpler and faster procedure for obtaining a licence. This includes less bureaucracy and faster processing of applications.
- Low taxes
Costa Rica is famous for its attractive tax policy for gambling business. The tax burden here is much lower than in many other countries, which allows operators to retain a large part of their profits.
- lack of strict regulation
While some may argue that this is a drawback, many companies see Costa Rica’s relatively lax regulation as an opportunity for greater flexibility in managing their business, including opportunities for game diversity and marketing strategies.
- International access
Costa Rica’s licence allows operators to provide their services to players around the world, which expands the potential market and increases the ability to scale the business.
- Reputation and stability
Costa Rica has long been known for its stability and friendly policies towards foreign investment. This creates a favourable business environment and attracts many international companies.
While a Costa Rican licence offers many advantages, it is important to consider the potential risks and limitations. For example, the lack of strict regulation may affect a company’s reputation among certain groups of players. It is also worth remembering that conditions can change and it is important to keep up to date with the latest legislation and market trends. Nevertheless, for many companies, the benefits of obtaining a licence in Costa Rica outweigh the potential drawbacks, making it an attractive choice for starting and growing an online gambling business.
Corporate taxes in Costa Rica
Costa Rica is an attractive jurisdiction for many international companies due to its stable economy, political system and relatively favourable tax policies. A particularly attractive aspect is corporate taxes, which play a significant role in companies’ business strategies. Below is an overview of corporate taxes in Costa Rica.
Corporate tax accounting
Corporate tax in Costa Rica varies depending on the size of the company and its income. Traditionally, tax rates have remained competitive with other countries, making Costa Rica attractive for foreign investment.
At the time of writing, corporate tax rates in Costa Rica range from 10% to 30%, depending on the company’s annual income. These rates are subject to change, so companies are advised to consult local tax advisors for up-to-date information.
Tax benefits and incentives
Costa Rica offers various tax incentives to attract foreign investment, particularly in free trade zones where companies can receive reduced tax rates or complete exemption from corporate taxes for a certain period.
As in many countries, Costa Rica corporate tax is levied on company profits. The definition of profits can vary and companies need to consider all possible tax liabilities and exemptions when calculating the tax base.
Costa Rica has signed double tax treaties with several countries, which can reduce the tax burden for multinational companies operating in multiple jurisdictions.
Tax reporting and payments
Corporate taxes are subject to annual reporting and payments. It is important to comply with all deadlines and documentation requirements to avoid penalties and interest.
Corporate taxes in Costa Rica offer a flexible and relatively favourable regime for international companies. However, it is important to thoroughly research all aspects of the tax laws and use the services of qualified advisors to optimise tax liabilities. Properly understanding and utilising tax incentives and benefits can significantly improve the efficiency and profitability of a business in Costa Rica.
Gaming licence in Curaçao
The Curaçao gambling licence is one of the most popular in the world due to its accessibility, cost-effectiveness and relative ease of obtaining. Curaçao is a small island in the Caribbean Sea, which is part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. It attracts gambling operators from all over the world with its attractive terms and conditions. Below is an overview of the key aspects of the Curaçao gambling licence.
- Legal basis
Gambling activities in Curaçao have been regulated since 1996, when the law authorising online gambling was introduced. Since then, Curaçao has become one of the first and most popular destinations for online gambling. The licence is issued by the government of Curaçao and grants companies the right to conduct online gambling business.
- Types of licences
Curaçao offers just one type of licence that covers all aspects of gambling, including casino, poker, sports betting, lotteries and bingo. This simplifies the process for operators as there is no need to obtain separate licences for different types of games.
- Advantages of a Curaçao licence
- Economic Benefit: The Curaçao licence is one of the most cost-effective licences in the world, both in terms of start-up costs and annual maintenance costs.
- Quick Process: The process of obtaining a licence takes relatively little time, allowing operators to get their business up and running quickly.
- Low taxes: Companies with a Curaçao licence enjoy low taxes, which makes it even more attractive.
- International recognition: The Curaçao licence is recognised in many countries around the world, allowing operators to attract customers from all over the world.
- Requirements for obtaining a licence
To obtain a licence, a company must meet a number of conditions including:
- Registration of the company in Curaçao.
- Availability of reliable software.
- Proof of financial stability.
- Adherence to responsible gambling and player data protection policies.
- Regulation and control
While the process of obtaining a licence is considered relatively straightforward, the government of Curaçao requires certain standards to be met and conducts regular audits to ensure the integrity and transparency of operations.
A Curaçao gambling licence offers many advantages for gambling operators, including cost efficiency, simplicity of process and low taxes. It is suitable for both start-ups and experienced operators looking to expand their business internationally. However, as with any other business, it is important to scrutinise all requirements and regulations and ensure high standards of integrity and security for your customers.
In conclusion, choosing the cheapest online gambling licence requires careful analysis and understanding of all related aspects. It is necessary to weigh not only the initial costs, but also the long-term prospects and potential risks. An effective approach to licence selection is the key to a successful and sustainable online gambling business.
Our team here at Regulated United Europe will be delighted to support you in incorporating a company and obtaining a gambling license in one of these favorable jurisdictions. With dedicated legal advisors, tax experts, and financial accountants at your side, you will find the incorporation and application processes easy, frictionless, and transparent. Contact us now to schedule a personalized consultation and set the stage for long-lasting success.
“I specialize in helping clients secure gambling licenses and offer ready-made solutions — pre-registered companies with existing licenses. Whether starting fresh or opting for an established entity, I guide clients through the regulatory process, ensuring a swift path to legal compliance in the dynamic gambling industry.”
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Upon choosing the optimal option, it’s essential to evaluate the following factors:
- Regulatory entry barriers;
- Regulatory environment;
- Specific needs of your gambling business.
Advantages of obtaining a Curacao gambling license include:
- A relatively quick and straightforward application process;
- Remote application possibilities;
- A competitive taxation system with low taxes on net profits.
Curaçao gambling licensees are not allowed to carry out transactions with the United States, the Netherlands, France, and Australia.
Conducting transactions with other countries (outside of this list) is allowed.
Yes, a Curaçao Gambling Sub-License can be obtained entirely remotely.
Remote opportunities apply to all the necessary procedures, including opening a company in Curaçao and submitting the application.
The corporate income tax rate for Curaçao gambling licensees is generally 5% on net profits.
- All involved persons being at least 18 years of age;
- Copleting Fit and Proper Tests;
- Completing auditing and certification of gaming software;
- Having at least one physical server located in Curaçao.
Holding a Maltese gambling license provides access to the entire European market. Essentially, it allows operators to offer their services across the European Union, which is a stable and well-regulated market for online gambling.
Maltese gambling companies generally pay a 5% Gaming Tax on gross gaming revenue (GGR) generated from gambling activities by Malta-based players.
Corporate Income Tax is 35%, but it can be reduced to 5% for certain international trading companies and holding companies.
No. In Malta, operators can obtain an unlimited number of domains at no extra charge. That allows license holders to diversify their offerings and target different markets without additional fees.
Kahnawake offers various types of gambling licenses. These are the six types of licenses available within this jurisdiction:
- Interactive Gaming License
- Client Provider Authorization
- Casino Software Provider Authorization
- Live Dealer Studio Authorization
- Inter-Jurisdictional Authorization
- Key Person Permit
In Kahnawake, gambling licensees benefit from a 0% Corporate Tax on all gross gaming revenues (GGY), which is a major advantage in terms of revenue.
The Isle of Man's infrastructure is well-suited to support gambling businesses in several ways:
- High-speed Internet Connectivity. This is crucial for online gambling platforms, as they require robust internet connections to deliver a smooth gaming experience to their users.
- State-of-the-Art IT Facilities. The reliability of these IT facilities is essential to ensure uninterrupted gaming services.
- Secure Data Centres. They provide a secure environment for hosting gaming servers, and protecting sensitive player data and financial transactions.
- Confidentiality Standards. Isle of Man banks uphold strict confidentiality standards, ensuring the privacy and security of their clients' financial information.
- Supportive Ecosystem. It provides resources, guidance, and a favourable environment for the establishment and growth of gambling enterprises.
Isle of Man gambling licensees face comparatively favorable tax rates, with taxes varying from 0.1% to 1.5% of the gross gaming yield (GGY). Corporate Tax is 0% for most types of income.
Some of the key requirements include:
- Incorporating a company limited by shares in the Isle of Man;
- Meeting financial capability criteria;
- Having policies for risk assessment and responsible gambling;
- Ensuring that game servers are located on the Isle of Man.
Regulated United Europe specializes in obtaining gambling licenses in favourable jurisdictions across the world and provides guidance throughout the process of opening a company and applying for a license in any chosen country.
RUE customer support team
“Hi, if you are looking to start your project, or you still have some concerns, you can definitely reach out to me for comprehensive assistance. Contact me and let’s start your business venture.”
“Hello, I’m Sheyla, ready to help with your business ventures in Europe and beyond. Whether in international markets or exploring opportunities abroad, I offer guidance and support. Feel free to contact me!”
At the moment, the main services of our company are legal and compliance solutions for FinTech projects. Our offices are located in Vilnius, Prague, and Warsaw. The legal team can assist with legal analysis, project structuring, and legal regulation.