Bank account opening assistance in Liechtenstein
Setting up a bank account in Liechtenstein offers a high degree of confidentiality in the financial sector. However, the services provided by local banks come at a significant cost, including the need to maintain minimum balances in current accounts or when depositing funds.
Liechtenstein, a quaint principality with a population of around 35,000, is home to a close-knit community. The capital, Vaduz, houses about a seventh of the nation’s residents. Alongside Vaduz, there are only two other cities, Schaan and Balzers, with the remainder of the population residing in charming villages. Spanning 160 square kilometres, only a quarter of this area is occupied by settlements, while the rest comprises stunning alpine meadows, lush vineyards, snow-covered mountains, and a rich diversity of over 500 types of flowers and herbs.
The people of Liechtenstein place a high value on environmental preservation, ensuring cleanliness and order throughout the nation. This respect for nature extends to the principality’s banking system, which is rigorously monitored for integrity. In Liechtenstein, opening a savings or current account is a secure choice, thanks to the country’s robust protection of bank deposits and data privacy.
Bank account in Liechtenstein
Banks in Liechtenstein
Bank Alpinum, established by Swiss and German investors, features a team that includes high qualified professionals.
Union Bank, situated in Vaduz, primarily focuses on serving high-net-worth private clients and offers asset management services. It boasts a multilingual staff proficient in English, and German.
Bendura Bank, with over two decades in the financial market, operates as a subsidiary of a Hong Kong-based luxury goods conglomerate.
Benefits of Liechtenstein’s Banking Services:
- Rigorous adherence to banking confidentiality.
- Streamlined account opening process.
- Convenient remote account access.
- A welcoming approach to international investors.
Opening an Account in Liechtenstein for Non-Residents
Non-residents can open accounts in various banks in Liechtenstein. While the initial documentation can be submitted via email, a personal visit is necessary to sign the final contract.
Liechtenstein banks are appealing for businesspeople due to their comprehensive service offerings. Additionally:
- They are experienced in dealing with legal entities and affluent private clients.
- They maintain strict confidentiality about client information, with disclosure being a criminal offence.
- They adhere to “professional secrecy,” meaning banking employees cannot be called as witnesses in legal proceedings.
Guidelines for Opening an Account in Liechtenstein
The process generally follows these criteria:
- Account Opening Duration: This varies by bank, but typically the minimum duration is about one month.
- Requirement for Personal Visit: Increasingly, banks in the Principality are offering remote account opening options.
- Minimum Account Balance: This also varies, but typically no less than 5000 units of the account’s currency.
To open an account, the required documents may vary, but commonly include:
- A notarized copy of the international passport of the shareholder(s) and director(s).
- Proof of residence for the shareholder(s) and director(s).
- The company’s legal documents.
- Partnership agreements.
Each bank will provide a precise and complete list of required documents.
Should you desire to establish a corporate bank account in Liechtenstein, our team at Regulated United Europe is ready and eager to support you. With an eight-year track record of aiding clients in setting up bank accounts across Europe, we leverage our extensive network of reliable partners in the European financial sector. This enables us to present the most appropriate and economically efficient options, enhancing the operational efficiency of the businesses we work with.
Opening an account in a Liechtenstein bank
Liechtenstein is a country with a good level of confidentiality in the financial sector. The services of local banks are quite expensive, and it is also required to comply with the requirements for minimum balances on current accounts or when placing funds on deposit.
Liechtenstein is a small principality with about 35,000 inhabitants. About a seventh of the country’s population lives in the capital – the city of Vaduz. Besides him, there are only two cities in Liechtenstein – Shan and Balzers, the rest of the inhabitants live in villages. The country is located on 160 square kilometers, and settlements occupy only a fourth part. The rest of the territory is beautiful alpine meadows, green vineyards, snow–capped mountains and more than 500 kinds of all kinds of flowers and herbs.
The locals are very careful about nature, therefore, cleanliness and order are always and everywhere in this country. Liechtenstein is also closely monitoring the purity of the banking system. In the country, you can open a savings or settlement account and not worry about its safety – the principality has a high level of protection of bank deposits and data.
Bank Alpinum is founded by investors from Switzerland and Germany. The bank has Russian-speaking staff.
Union Bank – located in Vaduz. It is mainly aimed at working with large private clients and asset management. There are English-speaking, German-speaking and Russian-speaking staff.
Bendura Bank has been in the financial market for more than 20 years. The bank is a subsidiary of a Hong Kong concern that produces luxury goods. The service is provided in more than twenty languages, including Russian.
Advantages of Banking Services in Liechtenstein
- The strictest observance of bank secrecy
- Simple registration procedure
- Remote access to accounts
- Loyal attitude to foreign investors
How to Open an Account for a Non-resident
Foreign citizens can open an account in several Liechtenstein banks. The package of documents can be sent by e-mail, but a personal presence in the bank is required to sign the contract.
Liechtenstein Bank Account: Benefits
The prospect of opening accounts in a Liechtenstein bank is attractive to many businessmen. Practice shows that the institutions of the Principality offer a wide range of services to their clients. Besides:
- They have extensive experience working with legal entities and wealthy private clients.
- The work of bank employees involves the strict preservation of information about the client — its disclosure is a criminal offence.
- There is also such a thing as “professional secrecy”, that is, employees of the banking sector cannot be involved as witnesses in court proceedings.
How to Open an Account in Liechtenstein
As a rule, opening an account in a Liechtenstein bank is carried out under the following conditions:
- Terms of opening an account. They vary and are individual for each bank, in most cases the minimum term is 1 month.
- The need for a personal visit. More and more financial institutions of the Principality allow remote account registration.
- Minimum account balance. It varies and depends on the bank, but the amount of less than 5000 units of the currency in which the account was opened is not found.
To open an account in Liechtenstein, you may need different documents, a complete and accurate list can only be indicated in a specifically selected bank. Often required:
- International passport. A notarized copy of the shareholder(s) and director(s).
- Confirmation of the residence address of the shareholder(s) and the director(s).
- The company’s statutory documents.
- Agreements with partners.
To understand the conditions under which a non-resident will open an account in Liechtenstein, here are some examples of large local banks:
Thus, if you plan to open an account in Liechtenstein, the choice of bank should be based on the following:
- the experience of the institution and its reputation;
- the need for a personal visit;
- minimum balance size;
- minimum account validity period;
- terms of account management — availability of online banking, loyalty programs, etc.
There are many nuances, so cooperation with local institutions requires experience and a sufficient amount of knowledge about the work of the banking sector.
Is it possible to organize the prompt opening of an account in a Liechtenstein bank
If you need to have an account with a Liechtenstein bank, Inclusion Limited is ready to assist. Our team consists of specialists who are familiar with the financial market of the Principality and have extensive experience. We offer to discuss your project and arrange the opening of an account at any convenient time.
Bendura Bank (Valartis Bank Liechtenstein AG)
Bendura Bank AG (formerly Valartis Bank AG) is one of the largest banks in Liechtenstein, which started operating in 1998. Today, he manages assets that exceed 1.5 billion francs. Bendura Bank’s consultants speak several languages, including English, German and Russian, which simplifies communication with foreign clients. The Bank is notable for its highly professional specialists, continuous improvement of the quality of services provided and expansion of the list of banking products.
Bank Alpinum Lichtenstein
Alpinum Bank is a combination of stability and quality services for business. This reliable financial partner is able to facilitate doing business, as it allows non-residents to open accounts with companies and provides a full package of capital management services.
Bank Frick Lichtenstein
Bank Frick is based in Liechtenstein, the main office of the institution is located in Balzers. The bank was opened in 1998 and has a branch in the UK. It provides services to legal entities, including representatives of family businesses, pension funds, financial companies. If you plan to conduct legal activities in Europe, Frick AG will be a reliable way to save and manage funds.
Neue Bank AG Liechtenstein
Neue Bank AG was founded in 1992, in Vaduz, the capital of Liechtenstein. This is a small private financial institution, whose activities are focused on cooperation with corporate clients.
If you wish to open a business bank account in Liechtenstein, our team here at Regulated United Europe will be delighted to assist you. We have eight years of experience in helping clients to open bank accounts in Europe. We tap into our vast network of trusted partners in the European financial services industry to offer the most suitable and cost-effective solutions that improve the functioning of the businesses we serve.
|Bank account in Liechtenstein
“Renowned for its political stability, advantageous tax structure, and robust privacy laws, Liechtenstein provides an ideal setting for business incorporation. Given my specialization in this area, I am well-equipped to assist. Please do not hesitate to contact us for additional information.”
RUE customer support team
“Hi, if you are looking to start your project, or you still have some concerns, you can definitely reach out to me for comprehensive assistance. Contact me and let’s start your business venture.”
“Hello, I’m Sheyla, ready to help with your business ventures in Europe and beyond. Whether in international markets or exploring opportunities abroad, I offer guidance and support. Feel free to contact me!”
At the moment, the main services of our company are legal and compliance solutions for FinTech projects. Our offices are located in Vilnius, Prague, and Warsaw. The legal team can assist with legal analysis, project structuring, and legal regulation.