Cyprus Alternative Investment Fund (AIF)
Alternative Investment Funds (AIF) are all investment funds that are registered under the Law AIF (2014) of Cyprus. Alternative Investment Funds (AIF) are a more flexible investment instrument than other types of funds. The minimum capital of Cyprus Alternative Investment Funds (AIF) is 125,000 euros.
Advantages of Cyprus Alternative Investment Funds
Cyprus offers a number of important advantages over other EU jurisdictions:
- Modern legal framework for Cyprus Alternative Investment Funds (AIF), fully compliant with all EU directives.
- The EU AIF Directive was published in 2011. Cyprus introduced the EU AIF Directives into national legislation only in July 2014. Thus, Cyprus has been able to learn from mistakes and failed legal decisions of other EU member states. As a result, Cyprus now has a modern and complex legal environment for Cyprus Alternative Investment Funds (AIF).
- There are no restrictions on the type of investment.
- The Cyprus Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) can be managed by the Board of Directors on its own under certain conditions and subject to CySEC approval.
- Such funds are not required to report continuously to the regulatory body.
- Low cost of installation and maintenance of Cyprus Alternative Investment Funds (AIF).
- The application process for Cyprus Alternative Investment Funds (AIF) is quite simple and time-consuming.
- Cyprus Alternative Investment Funds (AIF) enjoy Cyprus tax relief. For example, there is no withholding tax on dividends paid to foreign investors and legal entities in Cyprus.
- Cyprus Alternative Investment Funds (AIF) have the right to invoke the Double Taxation Agreements in Cyprus.
- Services provided by independent investment managers and fund administrators are exempt from VAT.
- Alternative Investment Funds in Cyprus (AIF) can be included in the lists of all recognized Cyprus and EU stock exchanges.
- Such funds provide full transparency to investors through annual audited reports to the CySEC regulator.
RUE provides continuous support to international entrepreneurs in accordance with the latest innovations in the legislation of Cyprus and our lawyers can accompany you at all stages of registration of alternative investment funds in Cyprus.
“My expertise extends to aiding in the formation of a Cyprus Alternative Investment Fund. If you’re at the initial phases or require guidance throughout the process, feel free to reach out. I’m here to assist, providing detailed explanations for each step involved in establishing your Alternative Investment Fund in Cyprus.”
RUE customer support team
“Hi, if you are looking to start your project, or you still have some concerns, you can definitely reach out to me for comprehensive assistance. Contact me and let’s start your business venture.”
“Hello, I’m Sheyla, ready to help with your business ventures in Europe and beyond. Whether in international markets or exploring opportunities abroad, I offer guidance and support. Feel free to contact me!”
At the moment, the main services of our company are legal and compliance solutions for FinTech projects. Our offices are located in Vilnius, Prague, and Warsaw. The legal team can assist with legal analysis, project structuring, and legal regulation.